Are you tired of coming back from your travels with mediocre photos that don’t do justice to the beauty you experienced? Do you want to upgrade your vacation photos and capture those Instagram-worthy shots?
Enter the mini tripod – a portable and versatile tool that should be in every photographer’s kit. Whether you’re an amateur or a pro, a mini tripod can help you take your photography to the next level by providing stability and flexibility to your shots.
But with so many options available in the market, how do you choose the best mini tripod for you? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the top mini tripods in the market and help you find the perfect fit for your needs.
And that’s not all – we’ll also share some insider tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your mini tripod and take your travel photography game to the next level. So let’s dive in and upgrade those vacation photos!
- Manfrotto Pixi Evo is the best overall mini tripod with a stable structure, large ball head, and durable aluminum stainless steel build.
- Joby Gorilla Pod is the best value mini tripod with versatile mounting options, sturdy build, and a high-quality ball head for both photography and videography.
- The Pedco Ultrapod is the best budget pick mini tripod due to its stability, portability, and compatibility with various cameras.
- The Sirui 3T-35K is an excellent alternative mini tripod with a load rating of 4kg, detachable center column, and sturdy build quality. However, it may be too expensive for amateur photographers.
- The Ulanzi Camera Tripod is a versatile and affordable option that can work with smartphones, action cameras, and regular cameras. It has flexible legs that can wrap around any surface and a 360-degree ball head for both vertical and horizontal shooting.
- The Neewer Portable Desktop Tripod has a large load capacity and is the tallest mini tripod in the market. It’s made with aluminum alloy, making it strong and stable, but also heavier than most mini tripods.
- The FotoPro UFO Rainbow is a lightweight and waterproof mini tripod that’s great for smartphones and small cameras. It has colorful legs that are anti-slip and can fold and secure on pole-like surfaces. It also comes with a Bluetooth remote control shutter button for faraway shots.
- When choosing a mini tripod, consider the device you plan to use with it as different devices have different weight and capabilities.
- Pay attention to the weight capacity of the tripod and calculate the weight of your device and any additional gear you plan to attach to it.
- The material of the tripod affects its durability, weight, and portability. Aluminum is a reliable and affordable option, while carbon fiber is lighter.
- Leg structure and height should also be considered based on the shots you plan to take.
- A tripod with a ball head allows for easy adjustments to any angle.
- Consider the set-up process and whether you need a tripod with more features or a simpler design.
Best Mini Tripods
Whether you’re using a smartphone, a GoPro, or a high-quality DSLR, these mini tripods will be your best travel buddies.
Here are our top picks for the best mini tripods:
Section Mini Tripod for Mirrorless Cameras, Compact System Cameras, DSLR, Video, Compact Size, Aluminum
- Weight: 0.26 lbs (190 g)
- Max Capacity: 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- Height: 5.3″ (13.5 cm)
Manfrotto is our top overall pick because besides being the SMALLEST and SIMPLEST tripod out of everything in this list, its structure is the best choice to get a stable shot.
This mini tripod has a large ball head that allows you to get that PERFECT ANGLE you’ve always wanted. It clamps securely and can be locked and loosened by just pressing the red button.
It’s made of aluminum stainless steel making it very DURABLE. This mini tripod can also withstand hot and cold weather. Perfect for all travel adventures!
Manfrotto is well-known for their good quality regular tripods and they made this tabletop design with its portability in mind.
It’s LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT, and can easily fit a jacket pocket!
Whether you’re using a smartphone, a GoPro, or a DSLR, it’s the PERFECT mini tripod to bring in your travels.
Though, if you’re using a DSLR with it, its fully extended tripod legs MIGHT not be as stable.
It has an above-average price, not the most expensive but also not the cheapest.
- Lightweight and a SPACE SAVER when folded, perfect for traveling activities!
- Extendable two-section legs.
- Can lock into SIX different extension points.
- Reliable ball head.
- You can use your DSLR devices that weigh up to 2lbs
- Not that stable when the legs are at full stretch
Compact Tripod 3K Stand and Ballhead for Compact Mirrorless Cameras or Devices
- Weight: 0.86 lbs ( 393 g)
- Max Capacity: 6.6 lbs (3 kg)
- Height: 2.56 x 2.36 x 12.01″ (6.5 x 7.2 x 30 cm)
Joby’s Gorilla Pod is the most VERSATILE and STURDIEST out of all the mini tripods in the market.
It stands out with its unique structure that has MORE THAN 24 leg joints.
The GorillaPod’s flexible legs allow it to have DIFFERENT MOUNTING VARIANTS. The legs fold so that it can be fastened to any surface.
You can pretty much get any camera angle you desire as you can rotate and bend each joint 360 degrees.
It may be overwhelming for newbies and beginners, but for professional photographers, this rig can hold other accessories like LED lights, microphones, and video monitors.
Want to know why it’s our best valued choice? Because you get to use it for photography and videography!
You can hang the GorillaPod safely on tree branches and fence posts to get a bird’s eye angle. It comes with a strap that lets you secure it tightly.
Though it does give you more options, it can be BULKY and HEAVY compared to others. Still, it’s of great value for those who really want to go the extra mile in their vacation photos and videos.
- VERSATILE – has 3 mounting modes: stand, wrap, and grip
- You can use it for both GoPro and DSLR
- Can carry and secure heavy loads
- Has a HIGH-QUALITY BALL HEAD that allows for separate pan adjustment
- Great for shooting video closeups and macro stills
- Pricey for basic photography, but a WORTHY investment for professionals.
- Not as portable, can be bulkier and heavier compared to other mini tripods.
- 【18.1 x18.1 inch】 soft and self-adhesive camera lens wrap can protect safely SLR and mirrorless cameras, lenses, drone, iPad, 13-inch MacBook or cover any photography essentials that needs a little extra protection, it keeps from scratches and bumps.
- Soft but Strong - This DSLR wrap is made of high-polymer fabric which is scratch proof and dustproof. Keep your devices secure and safely inside your handbags, backpacks, or luggage.Provide that extra layer of padding for your electronics. 10,000 times of bonding at lest.
- Cleaning Function - The interior extremely soft microfiber fabric has oil-absorbing and dust-removing functions, suitable for cleaning camera and lens screen computer, Laptop, mobile phone.
- Versatible and Convenient - DIY the shape according to the equipment, never limited. The thin cloth is reusable,no deformation, space saving and portable. It effectively protects your devices from collisions and friction with each other.
- Warm Tips - Hand washing is recommended, water temperature should not exceed 40℃. No machine wash or dry/ No Bleach/No Iron.
- Weight: 0.26 lbs (119 g)
- Max Capacity: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Collapsed Height: 7″ (17.8 cm)
- Extended Height: 6″ (15.2 cm)
If you’re tight on the budget, this Pedco Ultrapod is the perfect table top tripod for you.
It costs a few dollars less than 20 bucks but it’s one of the MOST STABLE mini tripods out there. The Pedco Ultrapod is also foldable making it EASY TO BRING AROUND in your travels.
This table tripod is equipped with non-slip feet made from vinyl with a cinch strap and three foldable legs.
Its resin frame with nylon and aluminum makes it DURABLE in the long run as well (a pretty good deal for something less than USD 20!).
Like the GorillaPod, you can secure this small tripod to any other surface like trees, railings, bridges, etc.
You can also tilt and adjust it in any way you want to (even on uneven surfaces!) so that’s another worry you’re free of!
And FINALLY, it can support all sorts of cameras like small cameras, action cameras, camcorders, and optic scopes.
- Affordable Price
- Lightweight and compact
- Portable, can be folded to fit into a pocket
- Strong enough to support DSLR cameras with telephoto lens
- The velcro straps get worn out pretty quickly
- Weight: 250g
- Max Capacity: 22lbs (4kg)
- Collapsed Height: 4.5 inches
- Extended Height: 10.1 inches
An alternative WE’RE EAGER TO include in the best mini tripods list is the Sirui 3T-35K.
What makes it stand out is its LOAD RATING of 4kg.
Despite its STURDY and DENSE structure, it’s very PORTABLE. You can pack it inside a camera bag and carry it with you on the go!
It functions like a regular tripod, just not with extendable legs.
It’s pricey, but for a good reason!
It’s versatile and can double as a monopod with its EXTENDABLE and REMOVABLE centre column.
The legs may not be as extendable like other small tripods but its adjustable centre column makes up for it.
- STURDY build quality and high load capacity
- Portable and compact
- Detachable centre column and can double as a tripod and monopod
- Smooth lock knobs
- Equipped with rubber feet to keep it stable
- Might be too expensive for amateur photographers
- The tripod head doesn’t pan easily
- Legs can’t extend like other tripods
- Weight: 420g
- Max Capacity: 2kg
- Collapsed Height: 290mm
- Extended Height: 310mm
Ulanzi’s tripod is equipped with FLEXIBLE LEGS that makes it versatile when it comes to height adjustment.
Its thick legs make it function like a scaled-down tripod, but flexible enough to wrap around any surface securely (similar to octopus legs!).
You can do a 360-degree rotation with its ball head. It allows you to do BOTH vertical and horizontal shooting as well.
It comes along with a BUBBLE LEVEL too so you can tilt and adjust to your exact desired alignment.
Among other high-end and versatile mini tripods, this one is a pretty great introductory tripod.
It has a mount for both a smartphone, action camera, and a regular camera. This Ulanzi tripod can EVEN work as a selfie stick!
You can also use bigger camera gear with it, like a regular tripod. Just make sure it’s within the tripod’s load rating.
And let’s not forget how easy it is to carry around! Not to mention, rubberized feet for a STABLE GRIP.
All these features for an affordable price of USD 22 make it a worthy buy!
- Wide compatibility to any type of camera, universal 1/4 screw
- 2-in-1 Clip Design
- Has a cold shoe mount where you can attach a microphone or LED lights
- Thick and flexible legs that are stable enough to be used as a tripod and adjustable enough to be wrapped around surfaces.
- Requires more time to set-up
- Can be complicated to adjust for beginners
- Weight: 1.59 lbs (720 g)
- Max Capacity: 11 lbs (5 kg)
- Collapsed Height: 9.1″ (23cm)
- Extended Height: 19.7″ (50cm)
This mini tripod is built with aluminum alloy making it STRONG and STABLE. Its structure is quite similar to a full-size tripod.
Among all the mini tripods, this is the best tabletop tripod in terms of load capacity. It has a pretty WIDE RANGE for its height adjustment too!
To make it extra stable, it’s also equipped with a non-slip feet design.
It’s on the pricier side of mini tripods but its LARGE LOAD CAPACITY makes it a great value for money (if that’s what you’re prioritizing!).
Besides being highly stable, it also comes with a 360-degree ball head for customizable functions. It might be heavier than an average mini tripod, but rest assured it can carry any type of camera.
From smartphones to DSLRs with telephoto lens, you can trust the load capacity of this ehrm.. stick.
- TALLEST mini tripod in the market
- Has a WIDE RANGE for its height adjustments with legs
- 360-degree ball head
- High maximum weight capacity
- Portable and can fit in a backpack
- Heavier than most mini tripods
- Weight: 260 g
- Max Capacity: 2.2 lbs / ~1kg
- Collapsed Height: 28cm
- Extended Height: 30cm
If you’re not a heavy camera fan, this Fotopro tripod fits the bill.
It has a low maximum weight capacity so it’s more practical for smartphones and small cameras. It’s like a SMALLER and CHEAPER version of the GorillaPod and Ulanzi tripods.
You can make the legs fold and secure them on pole-like surfaces like tree branches and fence posts.
Just like other tripods, it also has a 360-degree ball head making EVERY camera angle possible for your shot (perfect for those trying to get the right light!).
The legs of the tripod have rubber coating making it ANTI-SLIP, giving you a stable mount. It’s also WATERPROOF so YOU CAN NOW tag this along with you on summer beach travels or water sports shoots!
Or if you want to get those rainy shots, its legs will keep your camera stable (just don’t forget to waterproof your camera too).
The tripod comes along with a shutter button you can use for faraway shots.
Among all the tripods, this model is the LIGHTEST and EASIEST to carry around. Just throw it in your camera bag and you can easily spot it with its colorful legs.
Speaking of compatibility, IT’S COMPATIBLE FOR ALL SMARTPHONES.
The phone clamp can hold devices measuring UP TO 3.5 inches. Just attach it to the head of the tripod and you’re all set!
- Waterproof and anti-slip, perfect for beach and water sports travels
- Comes with a bubble level indicator for more precise adjustments
- Colorful design that can be easily spotted
- 360-degree adjustable ball head
- Bluetooth remote control shutter button
- Not recommended for heavy cameras
- The bluetooth might not be compatible with all devices
These are our top picks for the best mini tripod in the market. But each photographer, whether amateur or professional, has unique needs.
Not sure how to narrow down your choices? Here’s a quick guide on how to pick the best mini tripod for you!
First things first, what device do you plan to use with it?
Each device has different capabilities and weight. Will you be using the tripod with different devices?
The camera/s you choose to use ARE the basis when choosing a mini tripod.
The next thing you should look at is the WEIGHT or LOAD CAPACITY of a tripod.
A mini tripod is obviously way smaller than a regular one so of course, by physics laws, they can’t carry the same weight.
You already know the device you’ll be using. So the next thing you should do is pay attention to the weight of your device and see if the tripod can hold it securely.
If you’re going to use a DSLR camera, you’re probably going to attach a lens to it.
- Do take note that the lens will put ADDITIONAL WEIGHT on your tripod.
- Include in your calculations the weight of your lens and other gear that you’re planning to attach.
But if you’re traveling light with just a smartphone or a good old digital camera, most tabletop tripods would be able to hold them.
Next, look at the material the tripod is made out of.
If you’re planning on investing in a pricey tripod, the main thing you should consider is its DURABILITY:
- Are you going to use it in simple shoots?
- Or will you be using a GoPro with it for some extreme shots?
- Do you need it to be waterproof or not?
- How adventurous are you going to be with it?
You’d want your tripod to be STURDY and STABLE when you use it.
The material it’s made of IMPACTS its weight and portability.
- One of the most common materials used is aluminum. Most regular-sized tripods are also made out of it. RELIABLE and AFFORDABLE, but can be very heavy.
- If you want LIGHTER equipment, those made out of carbon fiber should do the trick!
A mini tripod with leg extensions can give you MORE OPTIONS for your shot.
Most of them are tabletop and non-adjustable, but again, depending on the shots you’re gonna make, you might prefer something more versatile.
Some of the ones we listed also had JOINTED and FLEXIBLE leg structures.
- These types of leg structures allow you to mount them securely on poles for a bird’s eye view.
If you’re planning on getting an adjustable one, make sure to check the lock and knobs. They should be sturdy and adjustable.
- If the knobs are loose, you might be in for a smashing surprise. ALWAYS test it first to keep your camera from getting damaged.
Another thing you’d want to get is a tripod with a ball head. A 360-degree ball head will give you options for every angle you want to capture.
Though take note of the size of it too!
- A larger head is more CONTROLLABLE and STABLE. It’s also easier to clamp securely too
- A smaller head might not be as sturdy, especially if you’re going to use large camera equipment.
Being able to adjust to any angle will help get the perfect light for your shot as well!
Will you always be on-the-go or do you have time to get that perfect set-up?
Some models might have MORE FEATURES and KNOB ADJUSTMENTS but they take more time to set up.
Some have SIMPLE designs where you can just push a button to mount it.
A mini tripod can also be equipped with a QUICK RELEASE PLATE making it easy to lock any device in place!
All of the products we listed are the best ones in the market, but let’s reel back to our top three picks:
Manfrotto Pixi Evo takes the top spot in our list as it can give you high-quality features with its mid-level price!
It’s the SMALLEST and EASIEST one to use.
This Manfrotto tripod is sturdy as well despite its size. You can mount any device on it safely and it can withstand both hot and cold temperatures.
It’s the PERFECT mini tripod to bring along in your travels!
The Joby Gorilla Pod comes next as our runner-up giving us the BEST VALUE for its money!
Its unique jointed leg structure makes it HIGHLY VERSATILE, giving you three different mounting variants.
It might be a bit bulky and heavy, but if you really want to go all-out on your photos with different angles, this is the way to go!
Last but not least, our best budget pick is the Pedco Ultrapod. It comes in a neat affordable price but with high-quality material and durability.
This mini tripod is SMALL, COMPACT, and EASILY ADJUSTABLE with different mounting variants too!
We hope this guide has been valuable to you in selecting the best mini tripod for your photography needs. Remember that each photographer has unique preferences and requirements, so it’s important to consider factors like your camera type, weight capacity, sturdiness, leg structure, and ball head options. By taking these factors into account, you can find a mini tripod that suits your style and enhances your photography.
Whether you’re a professional photographer or just starting out, having a mini tripod can make a significant difference in the quality of your shots. It provides stability and opens up new possibilities for capturing images from different angles and perspectives.
So go ahead and invest in a mini tripod that fits your style and budget. With the right mini tripod, you can take your photography to new heights and create stunning visual content that stands out.