Having a wireless remote control for your camera or phone can help you take great selfies. They’re also great at removing camera shake.
Just place the camera in position, get yourself into position, press the selfie remote shutter, and you’ll get a perfect selfie every time!
In this post, we’ll review our top Bluetooth remote control options.
8 Best Bluetooth Selfie Remotes
1. Bluetooth Camera Remote Shutter for Smartphones
This wireless remote control works with most devices, including but not limited to the latest Samsung and iPhone models. It is an affordable dual set that will cost you less than ten dollars.
It is compatible with Android operating devices from OS version 4.2.2 going up while iOS devices need to be version 6.0 and above. The newer phone models will all work, too.
The operational distance is up to 10M, allowing you to take photos from a range. The device is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
2. CamKix Camera Shutter Remote Control with Bluetooth Wireless Technology
This item has over 16,000 reviews on Amazon, and seventy-two percent are five stars. It has amassed recognition over other remote shutters due to its ability to pair with different models of iPhone and Samsung as well as many other Android smartphones.
CamKix Camera Shutter Remote Control uses Certified Bluetooth Wireless Technology which makes it easier to pair and use with maximum reliability.
You can use this gadget while ten meters away from your device. It has two buttons(one for Android and one for iOS) for taking photos and videos.
There’s also a neat wrist strap to keep the remote from slipping out of your hand.
Unfortunately, you can’t switch between camera modes on this remote control.
3. Premium Zodiac HD Shutter Remote Control Camera Shutter
Designed for different types of operating systems and smartphone models, this remote shutter control from Zodiac has been received well into the market. It works with cellphones, iPads, and tablets.
Portability is not something you have to worry about since this selfie remote is small and lightweight. The Zodiac HD camera shutter remote also has great battery life.
4. Bluetooth Remote Shutter for iPhone & Android Camera Control Selfie Button
If you want to capture the best selfies that are clear and beautiful, then you will find this upgraded ASHUTB remote shutter effective. It comes in different colours and you can choose your favorite.
Pairing your device to this shutter is straightforward, and you can use it while ten meters away from your smartphone. It can be used with any iPhone running iOS 5.0 and above.
For Android smartphones, models with the 4.3 version going up can enjoy the features that this remote shutter has to offer.
You don’t need an additional app to use this shutter remote. Just pair it with bluetooth control and you’re ready to go.
5. Xenvo Shutterbug Bluetooth Remote Control for Camera Shutter and Wireless Selfie Button Clicker
When you buy this Xenvo Bluetooth selfie remote, you are assured of hands-free quality images and videos. It is designed with the advanced American Ericson Bluetooth Technology which is among the best in this realm.
You can get the best group, personal, and nature photos while thirty feet away from your device. The ON/OFF power button brings it to life in a split second and pairing is automated for subsequent use once it has been set up the first time.
The batteries used for this device are long life, so you do not have to worry about replacing them with every use or after short periods.
The manufacturer extends a lifetime warranty for this remote shutter.
6. UBeesize Bluetooth Camera Remote Shutter for Smartphones 2-Pack
Developed and sold by UBeesize, this model comes in a twin pack, so you can pick one up for yourself and your partner or friend for under $10.
This camera remote offers universal compatibility and can be used on a wide range of devices. Users of phones that are Android 4.2.2 and iOS 6.0 going up can get this model as it works well with their hardware.
It is pocket-sized, easy to carry around, and made of durable materials to serve your needs for an extended period. The weight is just 1.6 ounces so you’ll hardly feel it in your hand or in your pocket.
The package you get includes two wireless Bluetooth remote shutters, 2 adjustable wrist straps, and one manual.
You can use the UBeesize camera remote in both video mode and photo mode.
7. BestShoot Wireless Bluetooth Remote Camera Shutter Remote Control Ruittos for Smartphones
This model from BestShoot is super cheap, and this is among the main reasons why it is accessible and it has a decent number of reviews left by previous and current users.
It makes it easier for you to take the best selfies and steady tripod shots while ten meters away from your device, so you can take excellent selfies and group shots.
It is small and lightweight offering you the convenience to move around with it. Any hardware using Android 4.2.2 or iOS 6.0 onwards can be paired with this Bluetooth camera remote.
You can use the phone’s in-built camera app or install Camera 360 to ensure that you get the best photos. HTC and Sony Xperia S users are among people who must download the Camera 360 app for them to use this shutter remote.
8. Tiktok shutter remote and page turner
- Tik Tok Page Turner: You don’t need to use your finger to slide videos when enjoying Tik Tok. You also can lay in bed and scroll throught Tik Tok without getting hand to operate page up and down, volume up and down, play and pause, send like. (Can't conrtol music playing apps)
- Cell Phone Camera Bluetooth Remote: You can use it to take pictures and record videos In photo or video recording mode on your phone, just long press either button up or down on the ring within a distance of 10 meters
- Charge on the go: Use time lasts for 14 hours from single charge and total 86 hours with charging case. Providing convenient charging way with no strings attached
- Smart Wear design: Ergonomic ring design, Giving you the most comfortable wear, The perfect gift idea for her or his birthday, valentines and more
- Note: 1. iPhone and iPad need to open Settings>Accessibility>touch>turn on Assistive touch before it can be used normally 2. You need make sure the IOS software is above V14.8 5. Please restart the phone if still don't work
This handy little camera remote straps onto your finger and can be used to control your camera shutter as well as thumb through videos on Tiktok.
It’s compatible with both iOS devices and Android smartphones, and works from up to 10 feet away.
There’s a little charging case that it comes with. If you’re a fan of charging cases(we’re not), you’ll find it really easy to use: just pop the remove back into the case and put the case in your bag, and you’ll have a fully-charged camera remote whenever you need it.
If you’re like us and can’t keep track of all the different cases for your devices, you may have a difficult time!
How to Connect Remote Shutter to Android
Before you think of buying a camera remote, you ought to think about how it works and its compatibility to your existing hardware. Other than these, you also need to know how to make the connection to your device. In this review, we give easy steps that you can use for pairing with your android device.
- The first step you have to take to get started is sliding the batteries cover open and insert those that come with the shutter.
- Turn on the camera remote using the on and off switch. This action activates the pairing mode, and an LED light comes on.
- Set in motion the pairing with your device by activating the Bluetooth function and locate the remote shutter.
- Once available devices have been scanned, pair your Android device to ‘shutter’. Your phone will be automatically synced with the camera remote.
For step 3, if you are not sure how to locate the shutter, you do not have to worry. These steps below will direct you on the process and you will be ready to go in no time.
- Click on the camera app on your device.
- On the main page, access the shortcut menu
- Select the Bluetooth remote control button to initiate pairing mode.
When the pairing is done, a blue light appears when you press the shutter button. You do not have to pair with subsequent use, but a red light will tell you if the device is disconnected. You can use applications on app stores such as Camera 360 for devices that are not compatible with these types of camera shutter remote.
Frequently asked questions
Do camera remotes have zero shutter lag?
Unfortunately, there will always be a little bit of shutter lag with camera remotes. There’s a lot going on here from the time you press the button on the selfie remote to the mobile phone receiving the signal, processing it, and taking the photo.
It’s hardly noticeable for most people, but it’s there.
Do selfie sticks have camera remotes?
Many selfie sticks have camera remotes built in, because the selfie stick ends up extending the phone or camera quite a ways from your body. Usually, selfie sticks will have a little button on the handle that you can press to take a photograph.
What kind of remote do I need for Nikon cameras and Canon cameras?
Nikon, Canon, and other proper cameras have their own remote controls that you need to buy in order to control the shutter.
The remote controls on a selfie stick are designed to use with a cell phone rather than a proper camera.
Using a wireless remote to take photos can transform your selfies and group photos from boring to stunning photos.
These devices are handy to have on trips and outings, and the best part is that they’re very cheap, so they won’t burn much of a hole in your pocket.